Article (February-2021)

Articles

Humility and Conscience in HR

Animesh Khargharia

Designation : -  

Organization : -  Assam

01-Feb-2021

10113 Total View        

Leaders must listen and empower their team to become leaders themselves and take ownership of their work. Even if you've always been a wholehearted person, being the leader of a project will change how you exercise your authority.

The best results come when employees feel like their responsibility is toward their teammates is more than their own pride. The best way to gain employee loyalty is by showing your staff that they have your trust. I firmly believe this issue comes down to communication. Sometimes all it takes is sitting down with an employee and having an honest conversation where you ask them what actually motivates them in their life. Motivated employees are most likely to get the best out of your workforce.

Many organizations don't actually do a good job at communicating, and that is a problem in the first place. Turn it back on yourself for a second. Hold yourself accountable for knowing what your employees want in life. As a leader, it's your job to get everyone on the same page. Be blunt. Be honest. Be authentic.

As Gary Vaynerchuk states, ''If you provide for 51% of the relationship, and force the other person to be good enough to deliver on the other 49%, you put yourself in a position to win big in the long term."

	https://www.businessmanager.in/uploads/1612151943Animesh_Khargharia-3.jpg

When your employees learn new skills, it improves the company as a whole. Some companies even support continued education or classes outside of the workplace that enhance personal growth. In order to create a productive and happy environment, you need to encourage your employees to share their knowledge and information.

Flexibility plays a significant role in the long run. Be flexible with your employees as things come up. Perhaps try a schedule that allows a parent to drop their kids off at school in the morning.

You want your employees to know that their opinions are valued in order to truly empower them. An open-door policy shows employees that you care what they think while enabling them to give their input and play an active role in your company.

When an employee is free to take risks and perform at their own pace and to their own standards, they tend to be more satisfied. Employee satisfaction translates to a positive work culture.

Understand each employee's strengths and weaknesses so you can empower them in the ways that work best for them and your company. You're not the only one with ideas. Encourage, support, and sometimes even implement the new ideas they have. Not only do they need to know their purpose, but they need to know what everyone is working towards. Help them see, as much as possible, that the idea of team unity is necessary.

"Before you become a leader, success is all about growing yourself. After you become a leader, success is about growing others."