According to the circular, the employee can now update his personal details. A SOP has been issued in this respect.
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has issued a new procedure for Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) members to correct or update their details. According to the circular issued by EPFO, a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) has been issued to correct many other details including name, date of birth and gender of EPF members. The new process will make it easier for EPF members to update their profile details. During this time, rejections while processing claims as well as frauds caused due to data mismatch will be avoided.
Personal details like Name,Gender,Date of birth,Father’s name,Relationship,Martial status,Date of joining,Reason for leaving,Date of leaving,Nationality, Aadhaar number can be corrected or updated.
EPF account holders can submit their applications on the Member Seva Portal to correct the profile details. Along with this, necessary documents will also have to be uploaded on the Member Service Portal, which will be kept on the server for future reference.
Also read: Unleash the Employee Potential!
Meanwhile, it is necessary for the EPF member to get the changes made in his account validated by the employer as well. According to the circular, the request made by the EPF account holder will also be reflected in the employer’s login. In addition, an automatic email will be sent to the registered email ID of the employer. EPF members can get the data corrected only in those member accounts which are maintained by the current employer. No employer shall have any authority to make changes for member accounts belonging to other or previous entities.To update the details, member may go step by step as follows:
- Step 1: Visit the Member Services Portal and login using your Universal Account Number (UAN) and password.
- Step 2: After logging in, click on the ‘Joint Declaration (JD)’ tab. A one-time password (OTP) will be sent to the mobile number linked to UIDAI.
- Step 3: Enter the OTP and a Joint declaration form will appear on the screen.
- Step 4: Submit the required details along with the documents asked in this list.
- After the request is submitted by the EPF account holder, the employer will also have to verify it. The employer will check the information from his records. If it says mail, the Joint Declaration Application will be sent to the EFPO office for updation. If any information is missing or missing then the application will be sent back to the EPF member. This will be visible on the EPFO account of the EPF member.
Aadhaar will be necessary to correct details like name and gender. For minor updation, one more document like passport, PAN card, voter card etc. will have to be uploaded along with Aadhaar. If the EPF member has died, the death certificate has to be submitted on behalf of the legal heirs for name correction. For major correction, two more documents will have to be submitted along with Aadhaar. Apart from this, birth certificate, passport and Aadhaar can be submitted on behalf of the EPF member to correct the date of birth in the EPF account.