MINISTRY OF SKILL DEVELOPMENT AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP - NOTIFICATION
MINISTRY OF SKILL DEVELOPMENT AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
New Delhi, the 10th February, 2017
S.O. 394 (E).–– Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And whereas, the National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) under which reimbursement of 25% of the prescribed stipend paid by the establishments to apprentices (up to a maximum limit Rs. 1500 per month per apprentice) in case of establishments engaging apprentices and reimbursement of upto Rs. 7500 to training institutes towards providing Basic Training to candidates involve expenditure incurred from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government in the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship hereby notifies the following, namely:––
1. (1) Individuals desirous of enrolling as apprentices or trainees under the National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) are hereby required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar or undergo Aadhaar authentication and employers engaging such apprentices shall pay the prescribed stipend (including the Government of India share) to the apprentices directly into the Aadhaar Linked Bank Accounts of the apprentices through Aadhaar Payment Bridge (APB) system of National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI).
(2) Individual desirous of enrolling as apprentice or trainee under the National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme who is not yet enrolled for Aadhaar is hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment by [****], in case he is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per the provisions of section 3 of the said Act and such individuals may visit any Aadhaar enrolment center (list available at (www.uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
(3) As per regulation 12 of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Central or State Department or Agency which requires an individual to furnish Aadhaar is required to offer enrolment facilities for the beneficiaries who are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar and in case there is no Aadhaar enrolment center located in the vicinity, the State Government through the employers or training agencies may provide enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of UIDAI or may provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities by becoming UIDAI Registrar:
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the individual, registration may be allowed provisionally to such individual subject to the production of the following documents, namely:––
(a) (i) Bank passbook with photo;
(ii) if he has enrolled, his Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or
(iii) a copy of his request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (2) of paragraph 2, and
(b) (i) the voter identity card issued by the Election Commission of India; or (ii) the Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card issued by the Income Tax Department; or (iii) the Passport; or (iv) the driving license issued by the Licensing Authority under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988); or (v) the certificate of identity having photo of such member issued by a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar on an official letter head; or (vi) the Kisan Photo passbook; or (vii) any other document specified by the State Government:
Provided further that the above documents shall be checked by an officer of the employer or training institute specifically designated by the Ministry for that purpose.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle free registration to beneficiaries, the Central Government and State Governments, through NAPS portal and other means, shall make all the required arrangements including the following, namely:––
(1) Wide publicity through media and individual notices through the employers or training agencies shall be given to the prospective applicants or apprentices or trainees to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar under the scheme and they may be advised to get themselves enrolled at the nearest enrolment centers available in their areas, in case they are not already enrolled. The list of locally available enrolment centres shall be made available to them.
(2) In case, beneficiaries are not able to enroll due to non-availability of enrolment centres in the vicinity, the State Governments are required to create enrolment facilities at convenient locations and the applicants or apprentices or trainees can be requested to register their request for enrolment by giving their names with other details as specified in the proviso to sub-paragraph (3) of paragraph 1, such as, address, mobile number on their web portal.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in all the States except the States of Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu and Kashmir.
ASHEESH SHARMA, Director General/Jt. Secy.