- Manager is an individual who gets the job done through his people.
- Manager is one who not only takes care of his people in his department but handles them in terms of their work, role, identity, conflict, decision making, team building.
- A person who is responsible for managing the functions of the organization.
- Someone who handles planning, organizing, staffing, leading, controlling.
According to me "Manager is one who handles his human resources productively in the right direction". Excellence literally means being outstanding or extremely good in terms of quality, delivery, pricing, timing, distribution, costing, efficiency, effectiveness and handling people management. Thus, what constitutes "Managerial Excellence?"
2. Managerial excellence quite often mean that he is a buffer in the midst of the top management and lower level employees; how craftily he percolates the vision of the top management to his/her employees;
4. Manager's excellence is not always about harnessing the skills and competencies of his mean but also inculcating critical human values (integrity, trust, commitment, engagement, responsibility) to make him a well rounded person;
6. Manager's excellence is not always about knowledge, skills, competencies but also bringing about a brilliant attitude amongst his/her people;
8. Managerial excellence is not always about taking a centre stage when the production is high but stand behind his men who have made it possible.
10. Managerial excellence necessary means that the manager takes up the most important function on priority leaving the less priority one's at a later date.
12. Managerial excellence also means that the manager brings his people's competencies to an amazing level that he can honourably make an exit.