MSRTC announces VRS for employees above age of 50 years
December 10, 2020: The Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) announced a Voluntary Retirement Scheme stating that those aged above 50, each officers and normal workers, can avail the “golden handshake”.Moreover, the duty of coordination has been entrusted to the senior officers of the company for their approval.
The transfer is geared toward decreasing the wage burden on the cash-strapped bus company. Two of MSRTC’s staffers had not too long ago dedicated suicide resulting from non-payment of salaries for three months.
The transport physique’s normal supervisor Shailendra Chavan has issued the round and stated that it will be posted on the depot and part degree discover boards of the division.
However, this round has created a giant drawback for greater than 27,000 workers of the company. As it additional clarified that the workers who’re above 50 years of age shall be traced, if they don’t take VRS. It has additionally been acknowledged that filling within the consent kind doesn’t imply that his voluntary retirement has been sanctioned.
Since, no correct tips have been given thus far. As a consequence, the transport physique workers are unaware in regards to the coverage and there are totally different streams of opinion among the many workers about this scheme.
• Salary shall be discontinued after voluntary retirement.
• Loans won’t be supplied by any establishment.
• Since there isn’t a pension, the financial savings will vanish quickly
• At this age, the duty of dwelling and training needs to be fulfilled.
What shall be included on this scheme?
• Officers, workers ought to have accomplished 50 years of age by June 30, 2021.
• There shall be three months’ wage for annually labored.
• The wage consists of fundamental wage and dearness allowance.
• Regular retirement advantages shall be accessible as per guidelines.
• Free household cross scheme carried out for all workers
• The company may have the ability to approve / deny voluntary retirement.