7 Effective Ways to WFH during Coronna Lockdown
Given what the entire world is going through, we are seeing an unprecedented situation of lockdowns, offices completely shut and individuals needing to work from home, only stepping out for essentials. Lot of us are perhaps for the first time, working from home for an extended period. It is natural for some of us to feel bit lost and not sure of how to take it forward. My tips on how to make it happen – I’m calling it the 7 effective ways of Working from Home during Corona Lockdown.
1. Create an ‘Open’ Plan: Firm up the objectives that you want to achieve, but have an open plan on time and activities. Don’t make it too tight, allow for flexibility with some of the activities mentioned below.
2. Network Remotely: Get onto a call with friends, colleagues and professional network. It will make you feel connected and who knows, might be the reassurance that someone was looking for.
3. Go slow on updates: While you need to be updated on news and what is happening, reduce the temptation to frequently check social media and breaking news. It can disturb your rhythm and needlessly distract you. Rely on official data and be careful of fake news / “forwards” with little basis.
4. Be positive – It is possible that many of us will be drawn into negative spiral with lot of our acquittances / social media contacts talking of doomsday predictions. The best way to be positive is to focus on what you can control and not on what you cannot. Remember that this will also pass and best option for you is to be positive.
5. Spend time with Family: Allocate a time (keep it flexible) that you will spend with family. Remember they are also new to this situation. It helps you destress and focus.
6. Pick up a hobby / interest / activity: There would be something that you might have always wanted to do. This is a golden time – don’t let go this opportunity. This could even be reading your old comic, watching a movie…and so on. This could also be learning something new.
7. Review and End day on a high: On a daily basis before you sleep, review your plan and write two positive things that happened in the day.
Hope this is useful. God bless!