How can AI be used to improve over all work culture
Post- 2009, the way we witness work to function, is going through enormous changes. As the economy recovers from the various turmoils that the world is purview to, the structural functioning shifts, as employees gain further bargaining power. Inclusion of sites such as LinkedIn and Glassdoor has transferred the power in the hands of it’s base. The success of any organization now has its roots tied to the kind of work culture that permeates through it’s walls and technology, is the usual suspect for this shift.
Technology has done it’s fair bit in contributing towards the betterment of mankind, with Artificial intelligence in the forefront. While synchronizing day to day work and bringing in more customers has been the main agenda, advanced data-driven technology is rapidly making it's way into creating an employee-oriented corporate culture. Creating an engaging environment that enlists and retains the right talent is the cornerstone of impactful campaigns. Here’s howAI can be utilized to create a culture worth accolades:
- Individualisation: The current batch of leaders are inculcating modern training methods in order to mobilize a multidimensional workforce, catering to individualistic style of growth. As we know, no two person has the same style for approaching an issue and hence AI is being aptly utilized to move with the flow of learning, thereby individualising corporate training.
The beauty of AI lies in its ability to intelligently capture information,which is later being used to create a broad array of worthwhile learning experiences of employees. These training programmes canbe modified to make the training outcome more effective, capitalizing on the scope of growth in order to expand services and maximise efficiency.
- Diminishes biased appraisals: Bias is something that has been pertinent to mankind from the lores of time and nothing can be a bigger proof than a regular workplace scenario. More often than not, it remains a major challenge to maintain an unbiased view while allocating work and maintaining a performance yardstick during appraisals. Now with AI algorithms, leaders are not confined to mere spreadsheet analysis, as they explore various parameters to mark the bench point.By carrying out regular employee assessments via unprejudiced parameters, it goes a long way to create an environment that would attract stalwarts willing to test their skills. This can also help interested individuals to identify goals for career advancement.
- Estimating workplace morale: Earlier, measuring workplace moral and indentifying the weaker aspects were a task that required collecting a great deal of data and individual questioning, which is not currently feasible. AI comes off as the perfect solutionas it is adequately adept at identifying performance patterns, keeping in mind the respective timeframe. Evolution of techniques has given rise to the birth of face-recognition technologies, capable of identifying gender-centric issues and measuring employees’ mental state on a scale of being very sad to euphoric. With all the collective dataaccumulated, organisations can create a roadmap to empower employees and identify their true potential.
- Simplifies recruitment procedure: Recruitment processes, too, are getting swept up in the winds of progress. Hiring based on human judgement is growing erroneous due to innate flaws that it comes with- one needs a more precise medium for judgment, which is duly fulfilled by AI. It has empowered recruiters to come armed with personalised research tools to zero down on the finest talent in the industry. Now software can cull out the right fit from incalculable resumes based on keywords, location, qualification and expertise. They analyse the core goals of the company and try to look for candidates that align with the same goal, at a lesser frame of time. Scheduling interviews becomes a breeze and even the act of background checking becomes more comprehensive and error-free.
- Simplifies payroll: Expanse management has been a pain in the past, with all the parties involved during the calculation of all the little expenses incurred. AI is also taking care of payroll and expenses, in an efficient and error-free manner. One does not need to spend time filling out forms for documenting transportation and other expenses, as there are automated programs to sanction that. Also the mistakes in calculations are rendered zero as calculation based on true value is maintained in through sophisticated technology.
Barriers to AI adoption
For every positive development, a barrier or two is as mandatory as the rites of life and AI is no different. The lack of expertise in adoption, lack of support for change management, and lack of infrastructure to manage employee records are few of the snags, which one should get accustomed to, while incorporating this powerful tool. Yet, with time such barriers are set to vanish in thin as technology mavericks are coming up with indigenous ways to embolden theinduction of AI as a regular member of the workforce. Certainly, the world is changing and we can’t wait to see what further gifts AI has in store for the whole framework of conducting business.